National Association of Rural Municipalities in Nepal (NARMIN) was established with the main aims of policy advocacy, capacity building and Strengthening Networks of RMs. It is an umbrella organization to represent and provide support to Nepal’s 460 Rural Municipalities in Nepal.
According to its Charter (NARMIN Bidhan, 2074), the core mandates of NARMIN are:
- Policy lobby advocacy for democratic, inclusive, autonomous and functional local governments accountable to the people,
- Address Policy environment supportive to local government and interest of RMs effectively,
- Development as per the principle of multiparty democracy, decentralization and autonomous governance,
- Coordination and sharing of experiences, best practices among RMs for the overall development of rural communities,
- Strengthening and mobilization of all RMs for timely, effective, efficient and quality services to general populace in a transparent and accountable manner.
- Represent in various GoN’s commission for policy advocacy and ensure benefit to local people.